WANTED:
The title of a book I read about 15 years ago. On the cover was a picture of a young girl, aged 12 or 13, red hair, thick green cloak, possibly with a green muff in hand. The book recounts the tale of a young orphan (possibly named Penny) who is taken in by an old maid to help with the sewing. This woman lives with her sister or brother, the sibling's spouse and one daughter (Angela? Angelica?). The old maid is very kind to the orphan, making her clothes, etc. The girl is a bit of a tomboy, goes skating and plays whip the tail. Eventually the old maid marries a shopkeeper and the orphan lives with them happliy ever after. The end.
What's the name of the book?????
Sorry, can't help with that. But if I run across it, I'll let you know. Thanks for your posts on my blog! Feliz Navidad to you too! Miss you..
ReplyDelete