Saturday, January 9, 2010

Oh dear. It's gone.

Last night as I was sitting at my desk, computing one thing or another, I glanced up and saw something dark and ovalish in the upper left-hand corner of my room. Hmmm, I thought to myself. That looks a little bug-like. Well, I hope it's dead, whatever it is. May it rest in peace. I didn't have glasses on or contacts in, so I couldn't tell you if it was a moth, a hornets' nest, cockroach or spider. And since I wasn't in the mood to investigate I thought I'd just leave it there and pray that it wouldn't crawl over toward my bed during the night.


Just now I was sitting on my bed, reading through my writing journal (a journal in which I write, but is not a journal) and I came across something I had written about a spider. That reminded me about last night and having my contacts in I decided to look up and see what the thing was. Oh. Dear. It's gone. Oh dear! That's not particularly good news. That means it was not dead and it is mobile. ...Unless being dead it couldn't grip the wall and it fell down...That's a thought! Probably a wrong thought but it's more comforting than knowing the brown oval is crawling about my room. Or worse! in my bed!


Well, wish me luck and let's hope the creepy crawl found it's way out and isn't waiting to present himself any time soon (or ever). And if he is a cockroach, he's gonna be one dead roach if I ever run across him. So there! YA HEAR ME, BROWN OVAL? YOU'D BETTER NOT BE A COCKROACH! Excuse the yelling, but I just wanted to make it clear to him that he'd be better off as a moth. Or a spider. Oh wait, I kill those too.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I pretty much kill anything that comes in my room as well!

    ReplyDelete