Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Obama Keeps Getting In My Way

I have never had so much trouble with a president before. Usually they go their way, I go mine, and everyone's happy. But this one just seems to keep wanting to inconvenience me. This morning, as I was about to be almost on time for work, I had to take a detour because Obama decided that the downtown Mariott would be a nice place to be. Thanks to security measures I wasn't able to take my daily, calming walk through Yerba Buena. But I suppose I can forgive him. He's probably not even aware of the enormity of his entourage.


Yesterday as I left work I notice motorcycle policement beginning to line up along 3rd Street. Uh oh. This means that a big wig will be coming along any moment and I won't be able to cross the street for 15-20 minutes (this has happened a couple times before). Thankfully I was able to scoot across before any sirens started coming down the road. (Didn't figure out until this morning that it was due to the arrival of that oh-so-prestigious personage.)


Now I can take all the inconvenience in stride, but what really gets my goat (who's name is Tilda by the way) is when I was flying through JFK last year. Apparently Obama decided to be romantic and randomly chose to take his wife on a date night to NYC. Cute, but random can't be done when you're president. Cute also doesn't cut it when I'm stuck sitting on a plane for an hour.

So, Mr. Obama, if you don't mind, how about you stick to you're side of the country and I'll stick to mine?

2 comments:

  1. So funny. That's crazy that you keep running into him. Maybe you'll meet him one of these times.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! Your post just made me laugh. =) Excited to see you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete