Sunday, March 28, 2010

i am three

Hark ye back! It's another poem I've taken down from the shelf and dusted off. I wrote it for one of my classes and kind of liked it. Let me know what you think!

i am three

i am three
and the big people say that i'm just beginning to experience this thing called Life.
what does that mean? i don't know what they're talking 'bout.
i'm only three.

all i know is that mommy makes good cookies.
i like 'em best when the choc'late is gooey and you can see the steam rising.
mommy says only big people are allowed to drink coffee.
but I'm three!

daddy says that when i'm a big girl i'll be able to cross the street all by myself.
i don't know if i want to...it's kind scary
with all the cars racing by. for now I don't mind holding his hand.

the red headed boy from next door says
that there's no such thing as Santa Claus.
but i'm three, so i know!

what i love best is playing in the pool.
pretending i'm a mermaid with sparkly purple hair.
but don't go in the deep end! he alligators live there.

9 September 2004
Writen with guidelines given in my W103 Creative writing class

No comments:

Post a Comment