you can throw the baby out
the window
and meet up on 22nd street.
What you intended
may not be seen
because it's heard.
expression finds its pitch
words make music
Author, editor.
Law-maker, law-breaker.
Bend the rules to work
for you. for me.
The world's my
-ne for the taking. making.
It can. it Can't. It Will. it won't.
Don't they say life is what you make it?
Push the edge. to the edge.
i heart poetry
its rebellion and romance
visceral. visual.
its the baby on 22nd st.
----
written 2.28.10, revised 3.1.10
I thought I needed a fresh poem to serve as a sort of a thesis for what's to come. Granted this is amongst the weirder ones I've done. I wanted to write it because last night I started wondering why I wrote poetry occasionally. I'll readily admit that I don't read poetry (as in go out and get a book of poetry and read it). The closest I've come to reading poetry is contemplating buying a book of Shakespeare's sonnets. Poetry is just so much more fun to write! And precisely for the reason stated above. Btw, I don't consider this poem as being done, but I wanted it to say what had to be said. So there you have it.
Let me know what you think! Especially if you hate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment