Sunday, July 25, 2010

CWA (Confuse-me-not Wisconsonian Airport)

Good ol’ Mosinee Airport (a.k.a. CWA). We’ve become awfully good friends in the last four hours that I’ve sat here. Most airports are so difficult to get to know with their extensive terminals and double-digit gate numbers. There are some airports which have actually made me cry because they’re so long and un-navigable.

But sweet li’l Mosinee doesn’t cause confusions of any sort! There is one terminal and when you drive up you see one entrance plainly labeled “Enplaning” (known to most people as “Departures”). You go in and are presented with three whole options of airlines: Delta, United Express, and American Eagle. Again, you can’t get too lost. At the far end of the terminal before you go through security is a baggage claim along with a host of four rental car agencies and one store (cheese hats included). Above it all, believe it or not, there is actually a restaurant! (Closed until Monday morning due to repairs.) There you can find food, libations, and sustenance (as indicated by the single signing pointing toward the stairs).

As you wait to go through security you can watch as passengers are taught that, yes, gel must go in a plastic baggy. Did you have anything more in your purse? Yes, the hand sanitizer needs to go in there too. I’m sorry but your 10 ounce tube of toothpaste is more than the 3 ounces allotted. And this happens, not with one passenger, but a couple of others. Once you get into the room --- I mean terminal, there are lovely windows surrounding all five gates, kiddy play area, and the three vending machines.

And there you go.

You have finally gotten a tour of the most unconfusing airport in the world.


Just relaxing with my feet up since I don't have to run from one end of the "terminal" to the other to get to my gate...I could do some wind sprints just for fun.


P.S. Did I mention the awesome music they play? I think they have dug up every song over the last 30 years that was once popular and then went out of circulation. I feel a little like I'm in a movie, thanks to the soundtrack. And I also expect to see a cow step out on to the runway at any moment.

2 comments:

  1. Jen, it was great spending time with you at the wedding . . . can't wait to see some of your pix up here. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe!

    Someday you have to fly home with me. I promise CWA will look positively space age.

    (nice toes!)

    ReplyDelete