Here's what it used to look like:

Still a bit of the ol' college feel, eh?
Well, let the decorating begin! Off with the maps and posters! Away with the faded pillows, sheets, and bedspread! Out with the desk and printer table! We want rest and peace, not function and practicality.
But before peace comes, there must always be chaos.
I started out by switching the dresser and bed to the other side of the room, as well as painting an accent wall.
Then I got a new, classier bookshelf from Target and stuck the other one in my closet. Unfortunately, all the extra boxes had to sit around my room for about a week.
And here's the final results:
I still have a few details to finish up with: a lamp, plants, arranging frames on the wall above the bed, etc. Also, the birdcage is a bit smaller than I pictured it, so I'm going to have to rethink how I'm going to use it. However, I feel that the bulk of the work and change has been finished. And it certainly has a nice peaceful feeling to it. Mission accomplished!
Awesome! I love the accent wall and less clutter! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteJen-y, this looks nice! definitely less clutter and very welcoming.
ReplyDeleteIt looks great! I need to eventually tackle our bedroom--it's not so much collegy-like as just kind of mismatched and haphazard. Maybe Erica will come and do it all for me? Hee hee?
ReplyDelete