Friday, August 19, 2011

Touring SF

I live in an iconic city, filled with people who love the fact that they live in SF. It is quite amazing to think of all the culture, people, and greenery are packed into 7 square miles.

Randomly today I thought, I need to remember to take you to the clock by the DeYoung on a Sunday for some swing. Then I started thinking about all the places I would take you when you visit the lovely metropolis of SF. It's a city full of fun, crazy, tasty places to see, do, and eat. There's an incredible mix of foodies, hippies, yuppies, and families.


I would take you to the Legion of Honor to meander through the paintings and furniture, to Glen Park Canyon to wander the trails, then we'd go to Higher Grounds for crepes and coffee. Of course, we'd have to go to Boogaloos for plantain cakes, black beans, and an amazing breakfast.

It took me a while to discover Boogaloos since there's no sign board of any sort.

Dog Eared Books is always on the menu, considering it's one of the best used bookstores I've been to. I can always spend a couple hours looking through the shelves. (Though I still maintain that that bookstore in Edinburgh is the very best yet.)

The Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park is always a tranquil spot.

Looking up California St.

Alamo Sq, the iconic park where Full House had there picnics at the beginning of every show.

We would also have to go to Mission Pie for some incredible vegan apple pie, pear creation, or quiche. Thankfully good coffee abounds in SF! There's Blue Bottle, Ritual, 4 Barrell, and Philz. (And like good coffee drinkers, we'll ignore Peets.) To finish off the visit we'll take a stroll down Valencia street on a sunny day to see all the super yuppies and we'll stop to get some Ethiopian cuisine or grab a snack at that Venezuelan place.

I could go on and on, but you really just ought to come see it yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Plantain cakes? Quiche? Ethiopian food?
    This post is clearly part of a conspiracy to make me hungry.
    And it's succeeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've barely seen you since the semester started again... but I do want to go adventure with you! Especially adventures with tasty food. Can one order Lovejoys scones in heaps, ps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen - the sepia tone picture is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete