You know what inspired me to get back to blogging? It wasn't the 3rd Flavia de Luce book I read last week (A Red Herring Without Mustard), it wasn't my trip to Scotland in April, it wasn't the fact that I'm training for a 5K, it wasn't that I've started volunteering for Boys and Girls Club, it wasn't the paintings Jenna wants me to blog about.....Well, it wasn't a whole lot of things that might get a lazy bum to start tapping away at the keyboard. No. No indeed. So what was it that startled me into the desire to compose on this cloudy, unenticing Saturday morning? It was actually (and pathetically) that fact that I wanted to share with you what my ambition in life is.
"Why, Jen!" you say. "Your ambition in life is rather a grand thing. It is after all the thing for which you strive and the object of your energies." Ambition is (as described by my fav app on my handy-dandy li'l iPod touch: the Merriam-Webster dictionary) a desire to achieve a particular end, a desire for activity or exertion, and ardent desire for rank/fame/power. Before you get too excited about this ambition of mine let me tell you that I am not an ambitious person. I don't want power, fame or rank. (The little brush with fame that I did have is another blog in and of itself. I wonder if it's actually safe to share that story on the internet?) I'm fairly content with the amount of money a make and I won't be running anything longer than a 5K. But before I digress too much into the topic of how unambitious I am, let's get back to the topic at hand: my ambition in life. At this moment.
Warning: One may be apt (isn't that a great word?) to think less of said blogger upon reading what is to follow. There were no bloggees harmed in the writing of this blog.
My ambition...drum roll, please. badadadadadadada BA DUM! is to win either a Kitchen-Aid mixer or a Le Creuset French Oven from The Pioneer Women's website. I keep hoping that if I'm faithful to post comments on those entries then I'll win some day...eventually...I hope. I'll be honest, I mostly just browse her site and don't really read much, just glancing at pictures, always hoping that she has a give away and that my name will be picked.
So there you have it. My ambition.
Now I'm going to get back to enjoying the cloudful weather and a Saturday morning to myself. Hurray for weekends!
Your ambition made me grin, my dear. I keep hoping to win a Le Creuset as well . . . but I figure after winning that trip last year my luck on that particular site is probably all used up.
ReplyDeleteAnd what's this about a brush with fame?? You can't entice us and make us curious and then not disclose anything . . .
And by the way, I LOVED the 3rd Flavia mystery. I hope he keeps writing them.