Sparkling green hat.
Wanna hot dog?
Hot dog smell hovers in the air.
Lovely classical music from the SF symphony.
Mmm, garlic fries.
Just hear that soprano sing!
DRINKS! I need drinks.
We're fine, we have beer.
I need water.
A tragic aria,
Faint tittering is heard among the crowd,
Then outright laughter.
Ah. A two year old is playing on the restricted pitchers mound.
Officials and Grandpa come out to take her back
And the chase is on!
Around and around the mound they go
She successfully dodges every attempted grab.
Then finally, as the last note hangs in the air
She takes one finally stand on center mound
And gracefully falls face down.
Enthusiastic applause for the little one!
__________________________________
I actually went to Opera in the Ballpark several weeks ago but never got around to writing down my impressions. It sort of came out as a poem. Albeit not a very good one, but fun nonetheless!
No comments:
Post a Comment