Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Autumn



This past Saturday was a full day of celebrating the Fall...or as my roommate, Cora, might put it, autumnal season. It started off with Cora and I heading to the farmers' market to pick up apples, squashes, pumpkins and a few other items.




Then began the preparation for our little harvest party that evening

There was quite bit of baking: apple pie, apple cake, apple crisp, and walnut-cranberry challah bread. Not to mention prepping the home-made ice cream, barley salad, roasted red pepper
hummus, pumpkin butter, and barley tea. We ended up with quite a nice spread I'd say:

Fall can be quite nice. After all that's harvest time and a time of giving thanks. You can still feel
the golden glow of summer but you get to pull out some of the cosier blankets and clothes. Here are a few things that we were thankful for:

1 comment:

  1. What a fun party! I am thankful for the beautiful colors the leaves change into

    ReplyDelete