Friday, July 1, 2011

untitled


Good morning, Starshine! The earth says hello!

Guess what. I'm not at work right now. Weeeeeee! And I'm using my sister's laptop to write this blog which (for me) is an interesting experience in itself. There's a little red Adobe Acrobat icon that keeps bouncing up from the dock --- there it is again! And it needs time to think any time I try to put in a website address. The keyboard is very ...soft and I keep making typos. What? Me? Make a mistake? There is no human error in me. The keyboard is purely at fault. I also can't figure out her track pad. I keep typing in the wrong spot an deleting paragraphs. Such sport for a Friday morning not at the office!

I love grapes!

While my roommate was away last weekend I went to my dvd cabinet, blew off the dust and pulled out..
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!
I like this movie a lot. Not only is it incredibly creative, but it contains chocolate in every form. Oh and Johnny Depp does an incredible acting job. I'm constantly cracking up when I see this movie and that's hard to do when I've seen a movie multiple times. "Have you tried my meadow? Please try a blade of grass. Please do. It's so delectable and so darn-good looking." I like this version because the older Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory freaked me out. In this one they really souped up the characters, brought out all the quirks and created thousands of Oompa Loompas with just one actor. The songs, the dancing, the cinematography, the great values...I could go on and on. But I'll leave you with this one thought:

"Everything in this room is eatable. Even I'm eatable, my dear children, but that is called cannibalism and is in fact frowned upon in most societies."

Off to enjoy a cup of Caramel Coconut Crunch Coffee from Kauai with Dad and Stina while we try to decided what to do with ourselves on this free morning.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I need to give that movie a second chance, because the one time I saw it (maybe on an airplane?) it really freaked me out. I think I failed to get in touch with that particular brand of humor. But if you're so gung ho, there must be something about it . . .
    Say hi to Kristina for me!!

    ReplyDelete