Thursday, November 4, 2010

a bit o' fun poetry

I stumbled across the random bit of poetry I wrote this past April and thought I'd share it with you. It's unfinished and unedited, but still sort of fun. Some day I may try to polish it, but it is what it is for now. Enjoy!

Yesterday I met a girl with no imagination.
I had no idea her kind existed.
How dull to see the world in white, gray, and black.
Where's the color? Where's the pizzaz?

Is it possible to not see
the green leaf upon the tree?
To not heed the whim
of youth, pep, and vim?
Can one not wander aimlessly
and behold a world so lovely?

in a world of dancing flowers
wander I do and see
the caterpillar green and rosy
perusing a large tome

that hollow trunk contains a home
for squirrels who chatter
with fairies far and near
there never was a jabberwocky
or a prince who could not bear
to see a maiden in distress

each ray of light beckons me
as the wind caresses my cheek
the birch tree bows and begins to dance
the leaves jingle in suit

No comments:

Post a Comment