It was one of those nights that needed a trip to the gym, ice cream to make up for the trip to the gym, and a movie. But which movie? The library was closed and none of the movies in my personal library was going to hit the spot. I needed laughter. I needed light-heartedness. I needed something that had no deeply sentimental moments that would twist my heart to pieces. Netflix was always an option, though I felt I had perused all that there was to peruse and come up dry. Wait a sec...What's this? It's Three Guys Named Mike!
I was laughed. I groaned. And I applauded with delight at the end. The movie is about an airline stewardess (they were still called stewardesses in the 50s) who finds herself in quite a muddle when three guys (named Mike) all vie for her attention. With the tension between the three admirers there's no end to the wonderfully awkward moments. There's also no way to guess who she's going to finish up with. You end up rooting for one, booing for another, and wondering if she'll pick that one. I won't give it all away, but I will tell you this: she picks the right one in the end! Pure delight from start to finish.
First I have to say I'm so excited that you're blogging more often--it's purely selfish, because your blog helps keep me entertained. =)
ReplyDeleteSecond, thanks for the recommendation. I need a line up of movies exactly like that to watch when Adam is out of town. Whenever that happens next, you can be sure I'll be pulling this baby up on Netflix.
Sounds fun! I'll have to check it out :)
ReplyDelete