Here they are at long last! My paintings.
Now I have to warn you that my pictures of the paintings are not all that great and I choose probably the worst time to photograph them. But here they are nonetheless!
It's been a fun adventure to work on these paintings and broaden my creative horizons. I've done very little painting in my life and my drawing skills are...less than up to par. However, I've loved the experience of just jumping in and trying to figure out for myself how the different brushes work and how to get the color I want. Without further adieu, may I present... My Paintings!
This is my first painting. It was inspired by Psalm 23 and didn't really turn out how I was expecting. After I painted the tree I realized it wasn't supposed to be there because it makes it more Psalm 1 than 23. Oh well.






Here's the trio that came forth as being inspired by Psam 23.
"Joy In the Midst of Adversity" (or "My Cup Runnth Over")
"Discipline" (or "Straight Paths")
I was rather uninspired for this one and not exactly looking forward to it, but I think I rather liked how it turned out.
This painting kind of came out of nowhere. I had left over paint from a painting that really didn't work out and a blank canvas. I started painting and the first tulip was formed. I gave this painting to my coworker Odalis and it turned out to be perfect because she loves tulips.
"Sing a New Song"
This is my favorite painting so far. It might be my favorite because of what it signifies or it might be my favorite because it looks like a fire-breathing bird. (Btw, this is mixed media with marker and acrylic.)
Yay!!! I've been waiting with baited breath for you to share about your painting. My personal favorite is the tulips (I can't help it, even if there isn't as much meaning behind that one =). Doesn't it feel GREAT to just jump into the creative process, even not knowing what the heck the results will be? Aaaaaaah. This Sunday my friends and band-members Eric and Carrie are coming over for what we're calling "Creative Sunday"--we're going to bounce ideas for songs off each other and try to (gulp) write music together. I'm nervous and excited and I think it will be great.
ReplyDelete"Sing a new song" is my favorite. Look at you, beach, taking up new hobbies!
ReplyDeleteoh hai, it's me! I love tulips, and this painting looks great in my workstation. I have a light aiming right at it, like a museum. Thanks Jen <3
ReplyDelete